Gams

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quick thank you card

Happy Saturday!  We've had a busy day of shoveling, playing in the snow and kid's sports.  Somehow, I still managed to sneak in a little time to play along with one of the challenges on the Jillibean blog, though (and hope to keep working on them, when my littles are tucked into bed for the night!  Soon, soon!).
 
I derived inspiration for the layout of this card from sketch #1 that was posted on the blog on Friday.  I dug into my latest Jillibean favorite, Cold Avocado Soup, to whip together this quick card for a special friend!


 
Supplies used: Jillibean Soup - patterned paper, button, label sticker, stamped sentiment; Doodlebug - flower dies, enamel dots; Studio Calico - sequin; Stampin Up - ink, splatter stamp; Fiskars - punch; American Crafts - cardstock.

That sweet stamped sentiment is a Jillibean stamp from the Cold Avocado line.  I love the type-set and it stamps great with my small stash of Stampin' Up inks.


In the sketch there was a place for splatters along the top of the card.  I used a Stampin' Up stamp and ink to achieve the same look.  So, yeah, those are fake splatters!  You'd never know unless I told you, huh?  I love that the stamp allows you to have 'controlled' misting!  That's just perfect for my OCD-self! Ha!

 
Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you're stealing away some crafty time this weekend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment