Gams

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Guest Designer and some news!

Hello there, crafty friends!  So sorry for my unexplained absence!  While I didn't intend to take such a long blog break -- as usual life got in the way!  More specifically, I've been focusing a little more on ME! Try to get my health in check, make exercise a priority and fortunately, I've been having GREAT results!  Yay!  That downside to that is though, rather than heading to my scrapbook desk in the evenings, I've been heading to bed early to catch some extra zzzz's and keep myself from any late night snacking while I scrap - lol!  Hopefully now that I'm three months into these healthier routines, the bad habits are kicked and I'll be around sharing things with you all more often.

Even though I haven't been posting, I've still been busy crafting.  In fact, I have some especially fun things to share today, that I've been keeping under wraps.

First off, is a Guest Designer stint that I was fortunate to land with Jillibean Soup.  I was sent a generous supply of items from the Sightseeing Stew and Birthday Bisque collections. 

Today on the Jillibean blog, my projects featuring Jillibean's wonderful new travel line are being shared.  The first thing I was itching to create with this collection was a scrapbook page with pictures and memories from our Summer trip to Seattle.



Supplies used: Jillibean Soup - Patterned Paper: Sightseeing Stew/Bite Sized Bits, Tossed Tickets, Blanched Bags, Poached Photos; Soup Staples II/Gray Salt; Peapod Parts: Sightseeing Stew; Coordinating Label Stickers: Sightseeing Stew; Soup Labels: Sightseeing Stew; Wooden Nickels: Birthday; Other: American Crafts cardstock, Doodlebug sprinkles, foam adhesive, Veteran Typewriter font, machine stitching
One of my favorite pieces from the entire Sightseeing Stew line was the 'Tossed Tickets' patterned paper.  Upon first look, I knew I wanted to cut the paper up, punch holes in the tops and thread string through the 'tickets' to create a fun, textural cluster on my page.


These cute labels were cut from the Bite Sized Bits paper and were the perfect home for my journaling.

 
An additional piece from the Bite Sized Bits paper, allowed for an quick short-cut to my title, and was easily embellished with a cute airplane diecut and wooden nickel button.


I couldn't stop with just the scrapbook page, and went on to create too additional cards.  This first card uses one of the Jillibean placemats (kraft circles) to highlight a variety of the patterns from the collection.


Jillibean Soup supplies used: Patterned Paper: Sightseeing Stew/Bite Sized Bits, Pickled Planes, Blanched Bags, Tossed Tickets; Soup Staples II/Yellow Salt, Gray Salt; Placemats: Kraft Simple Circles; Mini Placemats: Smile; Peapod Parts: Sightseeing Stew; Coordinating Label Stickers: Sightseeing Stew; Wood Sprinkles: Love; Other: machine stitching, foam adhesive
As you may have noticied the Peapod Parts are some of my favorite Jillibean items.  I seem to sneak them in to most of my recent projects!  The sweet little globe from Sightseeing Stew inspired the whole concept for this miss you card.


Jillibean Soup supplies used: Patterned Paper: Sightseeing Stew/Bite Sized Bits, Tossed Tickets, Blanched Bags; Homemade 6 Bean Soup/Navy Bean; Peapod Parts: Sightseeing Stew; Coordinating Label Stickers: Sightseeing Stew; Wise Words: White Sentiments; Cool Beans: Christmas; Other: Studio Calico wood veneer stars, American Crafts twine
The remainder of my guest designer projects will be highlighted on the blog next week, so I hope you'll come back to see them the (there might just be a little giveaway to go along with the post - hint, hint!!!).  They are some of my new favorite creations!

Oh, and did I mention some news?!  If you've been here before, you may have noticed that I added a new badge to my blog along the right hand side.  I'm happy to share that I've been selected to join the designers over at the newly re-launched Love My Tapes.



I shared a peek on instagram, at the LMT products that I'll be working with and will be back soon to show you how I've been putting all of that pretty tape to good use!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my excitement!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you are back in action! Love the Jillibean projects - but then with that darling picture of the kids how could it be anything but super!

    ReplyDelete