Gams

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Spooky cute neighbor treats

As promised, I'm back today to share with you a recent project I had up on the Love My Tapes blog.

It's no secret that I love to bake (almost as much as I love to papercraft!).  But if I kept and consumed all of the yummy treats I whip up, I most certainly would not be able to fit in the clothes in my closet - ha!  So, to share the wealth with my friends and neighbors, and spare my waistline - I love to package up these treats to gift to some of my favorite people.

The cooler temperatures have had me in the mood for pumpkin EVERYTHING.  As of today, I've officially baked six loaves of pumpkin bread.  I found these sweet kraft and orange polka dot boxes at Hobby Lobby, to put all that yummy bread in. They were rather plain on their own, but a bit of washi tape, glitter paper, and a festive sticker or two made for quite a spooky yet sweet presentation.


Supplies used: Hobby Lobby - kraft boxes; We R Memory Keepers - black cardstock; Love My Tapes - black polka dot washi tape, triangle washi tape, self adhesive black glitter paper; Recollections - 3D stickers; Stampin Up - sentiment stamp; Jillibean Soup - kraft tags; Memories - black ink.
 
I started by cutting a black cardstock band, approximately 2.5" wide, to fit around the width of each box.  The cardstock band is wrapped with a few layers of washi tape and self adhesive glitter paper.  In order to create a coordinating bow, I layed and trimmed out strips of washi tape, onto white cardstock.  Doing this, allowed me to treat the tape as ribbon, and construct a pretty layered and dimensional bow.  A simple tag adorned with a cute 3D sticker, stamped sentiment and another strip of the self adhesive glitter paper finishes off this sweet piece.
 
 
To coordinate with the ghost sticker on this next box, I went with a different washi tape.  I just received this tape in my latest LMT design team box and it is one of my very favorites - love the triangles!  And how cute is that Stampin' Up sentiment - "It's Halloween - enjoy every bite."?!!  It couldn't have been more perfect, huh?!



My ideas for pretty packaging don't stop there.  I featured a similar project on the LMT blog here.  These pillowboxes are perfect for a small little treat or even a gift card.  They can be decorated to suit the occasion and are quick and simple to put together.


I hope I've inspired you to pull out your papercrafting supplies the next time you are gifting some goodies - homemade or store-bought!  Thanks for joining me again today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment