Gams

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Love These Three: A Scrapbook Page

Hello!  I'm back again today to share a page of my littles, I put together awhile back, but never got around to sharing here, for one reason or another.  As I mentioned in a recent post, I often like to dig into my older photos to spark my creativity.  These pictures are from three years ago!  Hard to believe my babies were this little!  In fact, looking back on them now, I'm thinking it would be fun to do an updated version of these photos, scrap them (of course!) and put the pages side by side in an album.

Now onto the page details...Aside from some stamping and bits of embellishment, this page is all Jillibean Soup.  I color blocked the background using a one-third, two-thirds approach.  Using the full sheets of patterned paper for the background works in this scenario because of the subtly of the patterns.  The photos still remain the focus and the embellishments carry your eye throughout the page.



Supplies used: Jillibean Soup - patterned paper, stickers, diecuts, buttons; Queen & Co - goosebumps; Stampin' Up - large flower punch, inks; Technique Tuesday - Studio AE stamps; Other - ribbon, adhesive pearls and gems, veteran typewriter font, circle punch.
I built a sweet and custom stamped embellishment piece to accent the ribbon that covers the seam of the patterned papers on my page.  I love that stamping allowed me to completely customize this little cluster, in color and theme!


The floral elements appear to be 'spilling' down the left side of the page. This grouping of flowers was built with a combination of patterns, punches, stamps and various embellishments.  I love the eclectic and almost vintage feel to these flowers, that is achieved by mixing all of these elements. 


Another bit of stamping in the lower right corner, ties my journaling back to the rest of the page, making for a more seamless, cohesive design.

 
That's it for today, friends!  Hope your finding time to get crafty this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment