Gams

Thursday, August 4, 2011

In birthday mode

The end of this month will bring about some significant changes for our little family -- most of which involve this guy:


Our sweet, talkative, inquisitive first born will not only be starting Kindergarten in a few short weeks, but will also be celebrating his sixth birthday!  Honestly, I don't know which of these scenarios is more shocking, or more likely to evoke buckets of tears, for me!  Needless to say, if I hold it together for the month of August, that will be a huge accomplishment!  The long list of tasks that I have to complete, before the end of the month, should be a good distracter from the tears and inevitable breakdown, however. 

With said birthday on the horizon, we've been planning, dreaming and brainstorming birthday ideas around here.  Surprisingly, I've decided to keep things a bit simple this year and have 'hired out' his party to the local YMCA swimming pool.  That hasn't stopped us, of course, from still coming up with a party theme (batman), handmade invitations, and scouring the internet for favors, decoration and cake ideas.  I'm sure I'll be sharing more, post bday, of all the fun and celebrating that we did that day.

So, with all this talk of birthday prep, I thought it would be fun to share a recent page I completed celebrating our other favorite guy's most recent birthday.



Well, so he turned two in December and is now actually well on his way to three...!  I will still consider it an accomplishment that this page was completed before he was officially another year older!  Besides, had I scrapbooked it sooner, these darling paper and embellishments from My Mind's Eye, definitely wouldn't have been available.  I think the colors of this line work just perfect from our resulting pictures from the day.  Here's a closer look at page one (click on any of the pictures to view them larger):



and page two:



Better get back to the to-do list.  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment