Gams

Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Cardmaking Day

Did you know that today is World Cardmaking Day?  We are celebrating over at the Bella Blog with new cards every hour on the hour. There will be loads of inspiration!

I couldn't pass up the chance to participate in this fun crafty day and use some of my new Bella Birthday Boy goodies.  I always find masculine cards to be the hardest to do, but Bella's Birthday Boy line certainly makes it easy!


Removed for Publication
(be back soon!)


It seems I can't get enough of Bella's beautiful Designer Tapes these days. In fact, I can't call a project complete unless I've snuck that lovely tape onto it somewhere! On this masculine birthday card, however, the tape is the 'star' of the show. 

To create these celebratory pom poms that adorn my card, I started by laying down strips of the tape onto scrap white cardstock. I then went back with circle and scallop punches and punched three to four of each shape, from the rows of colorful tape. The matching shapes were then layered together and attached with a sewn on Market Button. To add some more 'party' to my pom poms, I cut small slits in each layer of the punched shapes, all around the perimeter, and used my fingers to fluff and curl them for added dimension. I think the recipient of this card is sure to feel special when they open up this fun and lively greeting!



Thanks for stopping by.  Happy National Cardmaking Day - I hope you find some time to celebrate by crafting up a couple of cards of your own!!! :)

2 comments: