Gams

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Perfect Day: Pebbles Layout

I'm back again today with another two page layout!  If your a fan of the 2 pager, be sure to check out all the posts on the Pebbles blog last week for LOADS of inspiration.  The theme was "Make Mine a Double", and the Design Team has shared so many fun two page spreads.  I had a layout go up on the blog on Thursday.

Sometimes a two page layout can be a daunting task, as you try to coordinate and balance each page individually and as a whole. If a two page layout is needed, and I'm struggling to make it work, I usually go for a grid style approach. This creates a more manageable formula for plugging in your pictures, papers, journaling and embellishments. For this page, my focal photo is sized at 6x4. I sized my supporting photos at 3x3 inches, and reached for my stack of Journaling and Phrase cards from the Seen & Noted and Family Ties collections. I then trimmed the selected the cards down to match my photo size and plugged them in to the spaces left behind by the picture collage. With the formal design process out of the way, I then had the freedom to play and embellish with all the final stickers, bits and details.



Supplies used: Pebbles - Family Ties Journaling Cards (751357) Family Ties Paper Pad (751360)  Family Ties Accent & Phrase Stickers (732148) Walnut Grove Dimensional Stickers (747188) Walnut Grove Accent & Phrase Stickers (732119) Seen & Noted Phrase Cards (747195) Seen & Noted Journaling Cards (747194) Seen & Noted Paper Pad (751323) Seen & Noted Accent and Phrase Stickers (732128)Seen & Noted Memories (751314); Other: October Afternoon Sprinkler in Doilies, Sequins - Darice, Kraft Cardstock - American Crafts, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, machine stitching, computer font, foam adhesive, crochet thread.

For this page, my focal photo is sized at 6x4". I sized my supporting photos at 3x3 inches, and reached for my stack of Journaling and Phrase cards from the Seen & Noted and Family Ties collections, to fill in the blank spots on the grid.  I then trimmed the selected the cards down to match my photo size and plugged them in to the spaces left behind by the picture collage. With the formal design process out of the way, I then had the freedom to play and embellish with all the final stickers, bits and details.

Here's a closer look at page one, of the spread.

 
and page two...

 
I love cutting out the little banner style words from the journaling cards, attaching them to a little stick and turning them into a flag.  A little string bow adds the perfect touch!

 
I mixed in flower chipboard and stickers from Walnut Grove, Seen and Noted and Family ties.  A little red sequin here and there, adds a fun bit of sparkle!

 


The chipboard tree from Family Ties was the perfect compliment to these park pictures - it begged to be included somewhere! ;)


I have been scrapbooking up a storm, but unfortunately can't share much of what I've done yet.  Soon!  Hoping to sneak in some more time in my craft space on this snowy, cold day.  Hope you get to do the same!  Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment: