Gams

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sweet Blessings: A (Published!) Layout Share

Have you checked out the brand new spring issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today?  If not, you are in for a real treat!  It is filled with loads of wonderful and inspiring ideas, seasonal scrapbook pages, cards and a multitude of fun tips and techniques.  If you can't find this magazine locally, you can view it in its entirety online here, or find out details for becoming a subscriber here

image
I am honored to have my very first published page with S&CT magazine in this very issue!  When I received my complimentary copy in the mail early last week, I was surprised to find my page at the very front of the magazine, gracing the table of contents! Here's a look...

Supplies used: Patterned paper, buttons, felt flower, kraft diecut title - Jillibean Soup; Cardstock - American Crafts, The Paper Company; Pearls - Jenni Bowlin; Border punch - EK Success; Foam adhesive - American Crafts; Doilies - Wilton; Other - embroidery floss (DMC), machine stitching, computer font.
I have held onto these Jillibean papers for quite some time.  I think they found a nice home with these pictures taken on Easter last year. 

As you can see, there was a subtle pop of red on some of flower centers in the floral patterned paper.  I loved pulling out a bit more of that unexpected color to enhance my page and the bits of orange/red in my pictures.


I added more tiny accents of red with pretty pearls scattered about the page.

 
The patterned paper topped doilies add a nice softness to the overall feel of the layout.  This one in particular helped create a nice backdrop and also to draw focus to the page title.

 
I hope you'll stop over and check out this new issue!  It really is full of some wonderful designs and super talented designers!  Thanks for visiting me today!
 
 
 

1 comment: