Gams

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy National Scrapbook Day

Happy National Scrapbook Day!  Are you sneaking in any time to craft?  So far our day has been filled with an early morning baseball game and two (yes, two!) trips to the grocery store.  My oldest son said he wanted to scrapbook with me, in honor of my favorite holiday (so cute!), so I'm hoping to sneak down to my scrap space soon!

Whether your finding the time to craft or not, there is loads of additional inspiration on the net today.  Over on the Bella blog we are celebrating with layouts from all 24 designers!!!  How's that for some inspiration?!  Each member of the design team has put together an 'all about me' style page and answered some fun scrappy related questions.  The pages will be posted throughout the day, so be sure to check back often.


For my page, I decided to create a list of words and phrases that describe my personality, likes, favorites and current life roles.  I edited and printed my photo in black and white, so I would have no restrictions when it came to color.  That is certainly one of my favorite things about Bella products - the fun, bright colors!  Here's a look at my page...

Supplies used: Bella Blvd - Love and Marriage: May Eighteenth, Esther Fleming Floral, Smokeys in Love, Alpha+Bits (Wedding Day Specific); Engaged at Last: Bachelorette Extras, Bachelor Extras, Alpha+Bits Bachelor/ette; Sand and Surf: Paradise, Borders; All American: Chipboard Icons; Baby Boy: Just Write Journaling Stickers; Designer Tape: Chevron Combo; High Five Alphabet Stickers: Gulf; Crochet Hearts: Punch; Other: American Crafts cardstock and Dear Lizzy date stamp, My Mind's Eye enamel dots, Westrim sequins, Tsukineko ink, Cricut (Going places cartridge)
For the title, I used a combination of letter stickers, a sticker phrase and chipboard alphas.  The M and E I used for 'Me' are actually from the All American collection.  They are used to spell out the word American, but when removed from the word and covered in a matching patterned paper, they work great for this page!



I have been know to add a few sequins and enamel dots on each and every page I create lately!  And a speech bubble fits the occasion, no matter what!

 
If you are in the mood for some scrapbook shopping today, Bella has an awesome deal going on with their Warehouse Box Sale!  Check it out!  It could make a great gift for Mother's Day, or just because!
 
 
Happy Scrappy Day, friends!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. your stitching is amazing and I love the paper doll!! gorgeous..x

    ReplyDelete