Gams

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mornings with my BOY: Bella Blvd Layout

It's no secret that I love buttons.  In fact, it's not often that I make a page that doesn't include at least one button somewhere on the page! 

Bella's wood buttons are some of my favorites!  While I love the raw natural element that the wooden buttons add to my pages, I wanted to add an additional pop of color with my embellishing on this masculine page

Supplies used: Bella - Sophisticates: Tall Tags; Birthday Boy: Toadilly Cool, Borders, About a Boy, Just Write Journaling Stickers; Baby Boy: Baby Blue, Alpha+Bits; Thankful: Burlap; Ciao Chip: Baby Boy Icons; Button Market: Checkers; Designer Tape: Navy Dot; Other - Fiskars punches (circle and star), crochet thread, Versamark ink, American Crafts Zing embossing powder, and machine stitching.
To change up the color of some of the buttons, I simply flipped them to their flat (non-design) side, pressed them into a clear stamp pad, sprinkled on some colored embossing powder and used my heat tool to melt and secure the powder. The finished result is fun and textural, not too mention a great way to make your supplies work, no matter the color!

 
Another little trick I used on this page, to make my supplies work for me, was to alter the chipboard letters for the title.  The original color of the letters didn't quite go with the color palette I was trying to achieve on the page.  So, to make them work, I simply covered them with a coordinating Designer Tape, and trimmed off the excess with an xacto.  Easy Peasy!
 
 
To see lots more fun and creative uses for buttons, click on over to the Bella blog right here. See you soon!

2 comments: