Gams

Friday, November 22, 2013

A few more Bella pages

Hi blog friends!  I didn't mean to take such a long blog hiatus, but life is busy with three little ones and a household to maintain!  In the evenings, when I typically sit down to scrap, I usually have only enough energy to blog OR create.  Lately creating has been winning out!  That also means, though, that I have LOTS to share with you -- now I just need to carve out the time to do so! :)

My design team term with Bella Blvd ended back in September, but I still never got around to sharing a few final pages that I designed for them.  The first of these pages, is a favorite.  I incorporated LOTS of pattern and color by using triangles of several patterns from several collections, and all sorts of bits and pieces and embellishments.


Bella Supplies used: Snapshots: Family Chaos, Free Time, Daily Details, Captions, Paper Pieces; Daily Chevies & Everyday Bits: Chevy Gulf, Chevy Pickle Juice, Arrows Black & White; Engaged At Last: Bachelorette Extras, Alpha+Bits Bachelor-ette, Bachelor/ette Chipboard Icons; Love and Marriage: May Eighteenth; Sand & Surf: Paradise, Borders, Surf's Up; Kiss Me: Flutter, Mustache Love; Thankful: Alpha+Bits;  Button Market: Masculine Mix, Neutral Mix, Pink Flowers; Feathers: Carnation; High Five Alphabets: Black-White. Other: Pacifico font (title), Studio Calico Sequins, machine stitching, crochet thread.
To add a little sparkle to my title, I covered the the cut-out word in adhesive and sprinkled on some fine, black glitter.  It adds some subtle sparkle and interest to draw attention to it amidst all the color and pattern.
 
 
Initially, I started snipping triangles from some of my very favorite papers in both the Snapshots and Everyday Chevies collections.
 
 
From there, I couldn't resist reaching into my scraps from some of the prior releases to round out the theme and color palette. 
 
 
I love that this page feels a bit like a party, because spending time with my favorite girlfriends is definitely something worth celebrating!

This next page again uses many different patterns and colors, but this time I pulled mainly from the All American collection.  The addition of teal and grey into this line allow it to translate onto pages of any subject or theme without screaming "Fourth of July".  In fact, I've used it here with a sweet quote and favorite everyday photo of my daughter.  Mixing in the feathers and crochet hearts onto this page was a breeze, and adds so much fun texture and interest!
 
Bella Supplies used: All American: American Pride, Seeing Stars, Borders & Cute Cuts, Alpha+Bits Stickers; Freestyle Sophisticates: Scallop; Crochet Hearts: McIntosh, Scallop; Feathers: Oyster; High Five Alphabet Stickers: Gulf; Button Market: Red Flowers; Other: Stamps - Teresa Collins, Ink - Tsukineko, Gems - Hero Arts.
To secure the feathers onto the page (which can be rather tricky to adhere), I tried to tuck the feathers in where they could be stitched or secured between a couple layers.  This seems to be a good alternative for keeping them secure and hiding the adhesive.

 
That's all I've got for today!  Hope you are enjoying a great Friday and I'll see you soon with lots more to share!
 

1 comment:

  1. these pages are gorgeous! I love how you used the repeated shapes!

    ReplyDelete