Gams

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cards

Hello and happy almost Friday!  I know it's been a little quiet around here.  The end of the school year combined with baseball season has us busy, busy, busy!  Once the dust settles from all that activity I hope to be around to share lots more with you.  In the meantime, I thought I'd pop on here real quick to share a couple cards I created with my Bella Blvd stash of supplies.

One can never have enough hand crafted birthday cards on hand, am I right?!  Somehow I still manage to be scrambling to make one, five minutes before we are running out the door to each and every birthday party!  Anyone else have this problem? 

I couldn't dare pass along a store bought card - the bar has just been set too high at this point! LOL!  So to prevent this last minute scramble (at least for one upcoming birthday), each time I sit down to make a card I try to always craft one of the birthday variety.  Lucky for me, Bella Blvd's bright colors pair well with a fun and festive birthday greeting.


Supplies used: Bella Blvd - patterned paper, chipboard letters & shapes, stickers; Doodlebug - enamel dots; Other: machine
stitching, computer font, foam adhesive.
That chipboard cupcake was just begging to be center stage on a card!  Using it to replace the letter 'A' in the word cake and topping it with a star shaped button, makes it extra special!  When paired with a typed out sentiment and fun patterned paper, the card really doesn't need much else.  Still I managed to sneak on some star shaped stickers and enamel dots to really enforce the celebratory theme!
 
Supplies used: Bella Blvd - patterned paper, stickers; Doodlebug - enamel dots; American Crafts - black twine; Other: foam adhesive.
This triangle paper has always been a favorite of mine, both in color scheme and pattern!  I knew I could make a simple yet striking card front out of it by simply cutting out and popping up some of the triangles on the background design.  I even added in a few triangles that didn't appear on the original piece of patterned paper to add extra interest and kick up the design.  Once again, a scattering of tone on tone enamel dots adds texture and interest to this simple design.
 
Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today, friends!  I hope you weekend is relaxing and crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment