Gams

Sunday, June 14, 2015

XOXO: A Just Nick DT page

I am excited to announce that I've been asked to join the Just Nick design team!  My introduction post went up on the blog last week, where I shared this page using the heart background cut file.


Supplies used: Just Nick Studio - heart background cut file; Chickaniddy - patterned papers, enamel words; Kerri Bradford Studio - stamps; American Crafts - patterned paper; Crate Paper - fabric brad; October Afternoon - buttons; Doodlebug Designs - sequins; Studio Calico - transparent words; Bella Blvd - felt bow; Hero Arts - black ink; Other: machine stitching, date stamp, Veteran Typewriter font.
It's no secret that I can't get enough of using hearts on my pages and projects, so naturally I chose this to be the first of Nicole's cut files to work with.  I've been hanging on to a stack of the Chickaniddy papers that I ordered from Paper Issues awhile back.  All the fun prints and colors I had accumulated were great fillers for this open heart design.  Throw in a few sequins, stitching and miscellaneous embellishments and it makes for a fun and colorful focal point of the page.
 

I printed my journaling strategically below the cut file and finished off that part of the page with a transparent diecut word, stapled to the page, to act as my title.

 
I picked up some of the Chickaniddy enamel pieces to coordinate with the papers I purchased, so I of course, had to sneak a couple of those onto my page.  How fun are the enamel words?!?  This ' love you' sentiment fit in well with the journaling and overall theme to my page.
 
 
I hope you'll stop by my intro post on the Just Nick blog and say HI!  I'll be back again tomorrow to share another Just Nick DT page.  See you then!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment