Here's a look at the title page for our 2012 Project Life album. All of the papers and journaling cards I used are directly from the Clementine edition kit, but I couldn't resist adding a few of my favorite dimensional things like: My Mind's Eye buttons, Jillibean soup label stickers, machine stitching, and various punched and diecut pieces.
I placed a current black and white picture of each of my three kids in three of the four 3x4 openings along the center. This left one open space for me to include a 3x4 card from the kit that I embellished with: a punched heart, sewn button, machine stitching and a bit of journaling.
In the left bottom 4x6 opening, I cut the 'everyday life' 4x6 card to 3x4 and zigzag stitched it to another 3x4 card included in the kit. I added a punched heart and Jillibean soup label sticker with 2012 stamped on it.
The bottom right 4x6 opening holds the black and white polka dotted card included in the kit, to which I added: a diecut hear, American Crafts thicker number, button, and a sewn strip documenting our families names and ages for the year.
In the upper right 4x6 slot, next to a recent family photo, I again used a 4x6 card included in the kit, that I embellished a bit. I sewed a button to the center of the clock face, added some machine stitching around the preprinted flag, and again added a punched heart and Jillibean soup label sticker, as well as a 'flag' I cut from one of the clementine journaling cards.
Since I just couldn't get enough of working with the Clementine designs, I decided to go ahead and tackle the album's ending page. Here is a look at the (nearly) completed final page. At the end of 2012, I plan to take and include a family picture in the top left 4x6 opening, but until then, it will remain empty.
I cut up one of the 4x6 cards, and used and stitched the word 'memories' from it, along the left edge. I embossed some American Craft thickers with black embossing powder, to add the word 'Us.' to that same 3x4 card:
I couldn't toss away the lovely turquoise patterned damask that was leftover from the 3x4 card that I mentioned cutting up above. So, I punched three hearts with the leftover design, adhered them in a vertical line, stitched through the centers and added a button to the middle heart:
I loved this 'postcard' style card that was included in the kit. I simply ran it through my printer to add the necessary journaling. I would still like to add a little something in the upper right corner of this card, where the 'stamp' would go -- but haven't come up with the perfect idea yet!
In order to make Project Life work for me this year, I plan to let go of the rules that I implemented for myself in the past, to make it both more doable and easy. Instead of following the 'picture a day' approach, as I had in the past, I plan to compile it more on a monthly basis. Some months may have multiple two page spreads, with lots of memorabilia, typed journaling, enlarged photos, etc; while other months may consist of only enough pictures and info to fill a two page spread and limited journaling, scribbled down as I go -- and I'm okay with that. I know that in order to complete it, I have to let the project be flexible and conform to my days -- either busy or not.
I plan to set up my album using the Design A pages, unfortunately I didn't snag them before they were out of stock. I'll also be ordering the photo pocket variety pack of pages, to mix in here and there throughout my album. I can't wait to get started on this album and will be sure to share my progress as I go along!