Gams

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Heart obsession

I think it's been confirmed, that when it comes to paper crafting I have a wee bit of an obsession with using hearts.  It seems that nearly every page (or project) I do, includes one here or there.  Because of this, I have a hard time passing up any heart shaped tool or themed scrapbook supply that I run across.  So, I am LOVING this new heart layering punch from EK Success that I just purchased at my local scrapbook store.


EK Success Slim Layering Punch Heart

I mean, what is not to love?  With the flip of a switch you can punch all of those different size and style hearts, pictured above, with only one tool!  Not surprisingly, I've already given this punch quite a workout.  In fact, I really tested it's skills and worthiness on the following page! ;)

Supplies used: Bazzill brown cardstock, Doodlebug Sweet Cakes patterned paper (red heart, pink heart and pink ledger), Doodlebug sugar coated cardstock (blue with brown dots), Doodlebug petite print ('5'), Basic Grey chipboard number, Technique Tuesday Studion AE stamps, Jillibean Soup word stickers, Doodlebug baker's twine, EK Success heart layering punch.

The border I created on the right side of the page, was simply done using both the positive and negative shapes produced by the punch and layering in a couple of hearts punched with the Doodlebug pink ledger paper, for a pop of color throughout.  Notably, I included exactly five pink hearts -- to represent each of my family members! 


For the title element, I covered a Basic Grey chipboard number with Doodlebug petite print patterned paper, used a Studio AE stamp set for the circle frame and word 'family', and a Jillibean soup sticker to finish it all off.



Here's another look at the hearts along the right side of the page.  I like the look that layering a punched item over the same color background provides. It's subtle and almost looks as if it's embossed, but still adds some interest and texture to the page.


Oh wait, that wasn't enough hearts for you?  Well, good thing because I've got more! ;)  Here's a two page layout that I just finished up for a design team assignment.  For this project I used the We R Memory Keepers Lovestruck line.  While it's typically a valentine's themed collection, I couldn't resist using it as an excuse to scrapbook some pictures of baby girl (and her big brothers too, of course!).

Supplies used: We R Memory Keepers Lovestruck collections papers and bottlecaps, K&Co smash tape, Technique Tuesday Studio AE stamps, Doodlebug baker's twine in bubblegum, Hero Arts pearl hearts,  DMC white tags, Cricut 'Kate's ABC' cartridge for title letters.


A closer look at page one:



and page two:


I dressed up the right side of the second page with lots of fun details - machine stitching, stamping, pearl hearts, diecut and punched hearts, and some K&Co smash tape.


On page one, I included the journaling on a tag tied with baker's twine.


I created the title by cutting out letters on my cricut with one of the patterned papers from the Lovestrck collection.  I added some additional text with Technique Tuesday Studio AE stamps.  In addition, I traced and cut lots of different size hearts, to include many of the patterned papers from the collection.  The bottlecap embellishments also coordinate and accompany the paper line.

 


Is that heart overload, or what?!  Something tells me, you'll be seeing lots more where that came from!  As always, thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment