Gams

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sketchy inspiration

Sometimes just the littlest thing can spark inspiration for a new scrapbook page.  A few days back I stumbled upon this sketch on the My Mind's Eye blog, by Anam Stubbington: 

MME2012_sketch_layout01_Jan

The colors in the sketch reminded me of MME's Love Me collection, which I had just recently purchased a few pieces from.  That was all the motivation I needed to pull out a sweet picture of baby girl and her daddy and get to work on this:




Here's a closer look at the journaling and grouping of flags.  I used lots of diecuts from the 'Love Me' accessory sheet and simply punched holes in them and strung them onto some bakers twine to create this fun little grouping. I even dug into the depths of my scrapbooking stash to unearth and use a few eyelets (gasp!) on the flags. 

 
It's hard to tell in the full size picture that I machine stitched large circles on the page background, to subtly mimic those in the sketch.  Here's a closer look at the one in the upper left corner:



For the title I dug into my chipboard stash for the 'love' word and grabbed some 'naked' American craft letter thickers for 'new'.  Since both started out as raw chipboard, I was able to paint them to properly coordinate with my page.  I finished off the title with a circle diecut from the 'Love Me' accessory sheet, to fill in the center of the 'O'.


I'm having so much fun scrapbooking with pink for a change.  Can you tell? ;)  As always, thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment