Gams

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back to school and a schedule

It's back to school time for my littlest.  She has been watching her older brothers, backpack-clad and sleepy-eyed, trek off to the bus stop for nearly a month now!  She couldn't have been more excited for her turn yesterday,  It wasn't her official first day, but instead a shortened class where mommy would stay and she would meet her classmates and teacher.  She adamantly told me as we pulled into the parking lot though, "You stay here.  I'm going in my OWNself!  You're too big!".  LOL!  I guess I'll have no problems dropping her off next week?!


In celebration of all things back to school, I thought I'd share a couple of first day of school pages that I created last fall and never got around to sharing.  

I'm a huge Simple Stories fan and their school themed collections are always at the top of my list of favorites.  With a few simple sheets of patterned paper - including border prints, 4x6 and 3x4 cards, I was able to put two separate school pages for my boys.  They are similar in design (obviously!), but by changing the background cardstock and patterned paper pieces used, I was able to create a customized look for each of my boys.



Supplies used: Simple Stories - patterned paper; American Crafts - cardstock, thickers and twine; Fiskars - star punch; Technique Tuesday - date and phrase stamps; Hero Arts - ink; DCWV - cork paper; Other: veteran typewriter font, machine stitching.

 
With lots of pictures and cute page elements to fit onto a one page spread, I had to get a bit creative with my journaling.  Placing it vertically on the page adds a bit of interest and allowed me to squeeze in quite a bit of text.
 
 
 
This page follows the same formula as above, with a few minor alterations, based on the pieces I had remaining.  I love how it has a similar, clean look to it but lends to more of a 'preschool' feel with the Doctor Suess quote and apples!

Supplies used: Simple Stories - patterned paper; American Crafts - cardstock, embossing powder and twine; Fiskars - star punch; Technique Tuesday - phrase stamp; 7 Gypsies - number stamps; Hero Arts - ink (black); Tsukineko - versamark ink; DCWV - cork paper; Other: veteran typewriter font, machine stitching, foam adhesive.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm hoping to be back sharing with you more regularly now that we're all back to school and have returned to a schedule.  Fingers crossed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment