Gams

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

You float my boat: An Altered Project

Good afternoon!  I have a different type of project to share with you today.  If you visit my blog often, you know that I typically default to making scrapbook pages and/or cards - they are my favorite!  But occasionally, the creative mood pulls me in a different direction.  
 
I've been eyeing all of the different type of message/memo boards that have been popping up in home décor.  I love that many of the ones I've seen allow for the pictures and other elements to be switched out, if desired.  A simple clip or clothespin is often all that's used to attach these items to the frame.  Yesterday, I shared my own mini version of one of these memo boards on the Love My Tapes blog.
 
Supplies used: Love My Tapes - red/white stripe washi, light blue star print fabric tape; DCWV - patterned paper; Lawn Fawn - image stamps and sentiment; May Arts - rope-like twine; American Crafts - twine and glittered clothespin; Stampin Up - ink; Other: IKEA frame, Veteran Typewriter font, machine stitching, hot glue.
I used a cheap white IKEA picture frame as the base of my memo board. Once the frames surface was decorated (with washi tape and 'rope-like' twine), I attached my chosen clothespin with a bit of hot glue to the right side of the frame.  The photo booth strip and banner style tags are simply clipped in place and can easily be removed and/or replaced, if I so choose.


Since the photo booth strip was long and narrow, I had extra room for embellishment along the left side of the frame.  I created a sweet little sewn pennant banner to fill in that space, and adorned it with more adorable Lawn Fawn stamped images.

 
This turned out to be a quick and fun project that I'm anxious to display in my home.  I can see myself making many more of these memo frames and switching out the theme, products and color to make each one entirely different from the next.  It could be a pretty fun gift idea, as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment