Gams

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

YAY!...School starts today: A Just Nick DT Page

In my part of the world right now, everywhere you go is filled with signs of back to school.  All of the store shelves are stocked with supplies, alarms are set for earlier mornings and the kid's are all heading off with shiny new clothes and backpacks, to the start of new school year adventures. 

Today I'm sharing this page on the Just Nick blog, that is completely inspired by my current surroundings.  In fact, it proved to be just the push I needed to work on some first day of school pictures from the 2014-15 school year.


Supplies used: Doodlebug Designs - patterned paper, sequins, sprinkle shapes; DCWV - patterned paper (ledger); Basic Grey - patterned paper, letter stickers; Tim Holtz - mini paper clip; Bazzill - cardstock; Stampin Up - foam adhesive; Other - machine stitching, computer font.
Can you spot which Just Nick cut files I used on my back to school page?  I combined the Word Bubbles and Card Sentiments 1 files  to create my title.  Combining the two files was easy.  I sized the word bubble to fit within the spot I wanted it to sit, on my page and then layered the "YAY!" portion of the card sentiments file overtop of it. 

To give the word a little more 'pop', I backed the cut file with some red cardstock and used tiny letter stickers to complete my subtitle.


I couldn't stop myself at using only one word bubble - there are, in fact, several designs and styles included within the file.  Some sized down versions of the round bubble made the perfect home for a grouping of embellishments and even for some added text.


I even enlarged one of the rectangular bubbles to just over 6" long - making it an ideal spot for my journaling.

 
Did you know that every month, Just Nick releases a set of cut files that you can pick up for FREE?!  You're in luck, because the Word Bubbles file I've used above is the free file this month!  Hop on over to the Just Nick blog to see how you can add this digital die cut to your library for FREE.  And make it quick, because it's only available at no charge until August 31st.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment