Gams

Thursday, February 18, 2016

XOXO: My Creative Scrapbook

Good morning! I'm not quite done sharing my February My Creative Scrapbook kit projects with you. This kit was jam packed with items, and even after creating four pages and two cards I still have leftover items!

I love stretching the contents of a kit and making each page so very different from the last.  So far I have shared two pages featuring pictures of my daughter, because the color palette is so very girly.  However, the kit also works great for documenting those you love!  This page features a date night selfie of my husband and I.


It's no secret, I love labels!  Most of my pages include at least one. I cut apart the labels from one of the patterned paper sheets and used it to scatter my journaling down my page.  I mixed in some of the sticker and diecut labels for added pops of color and interest.  Machine stitching adds extra texture and interest to the design.


I'm sharing a tutorial over on the My Creative Scrapbook blog today for a couple of simple ways to alter your wood veneer shapes and sentiments.  It's certainly not a difficult process but can produce customized results, as I've done for my page title here.

Gold glitter embossing powder gives an extra pop to the 'XOXO' wood veneer and ties back in with the other gold elements on the page.

 
Thanks for visiting me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with the last of my projects created with the MCS February Main kit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment